Cell phone (Mobile) Market is full of replicas and with time they have improved a lot. If they were sold as a replica at a cheap price then there was no need for this article but some companies are cheating. To save our visitors from getting cheated we have decided to tell How to find out if phone is original or fake.
1. Check Cell Phone Hardware before you buy
Never buy in a hurry phone from Market. Check everything carefully on the spot. Check branding, cheap replicas have name labels like Nokla, Soni, Sonniericsson, Samsang, appel which sound the same but are clearly fake (Now a days even original labels are used on fake ones). Also check for the warranty, Brand stickers which unfortunately are being replicated too so lets try the step two.
2. Check Your Software.
Replicas mostly have custom Operating system so before you buy check its specifications from original website or www.gsmarena.com . If the operating system is different or custom then that is a fake cell phone. Never buy it.
3. Buy from Franchise of Brand.
Buy from specific brands and not those who sell every brand. Franchise only sell original stuff as company keeps an eye on their quality control. They will provide you original product with original warranties so you do not have to worry about anything.
4.The best method is examining or checking Phones quality through 15 digit IMEI code:
To check your Imei code Dial *#06# on your cell phone
IMEI stands for ( International Mobile Equipment Identity). This is a 15-digit number and can also be found on the box or the mobile it self.
The IMEI number may be as below:
3 6 9 3 9 5 0 1 2 3 5 5 6 7 8
Now view the 7th and 8th digit. These two digits will make sure your phone’s quality!
- If 7th and 8th digits are 00 your, phone is made in Original Factory.
- 7th and 8th digits are 01 or 10, your cell phone is made in Finland and it is good.
- 7th and 8th digits are 13, your cell phone is gathered in Azerbaijan which is bad. It is also unsafe and dangerous for health!
- If 7th and 8th digits are 02 or 20, your cell phone is gathered in Emirates and it is very cheap quality.
- If 7th and 8th digits are either 03/30 04/40, your phone is manufactured in China but its good quality.
But is bad either as 00, 01 or 10.
- If 7th and 8th digits are 05 or 50, your cell phone is made in Brazil, USA or Finland.
- 7th and 8th digits are 06 or 60, your phone is made either in Hong Kong, China or Mexico.
- If 7th and 8th digits are 08 or 80, your cell phone is made in Germany which is good and fair quality.
This will help and facilitate you to select the good one but these tips might not work with the Sony Erickson Mobile Phone.
So we have shared all we know so always buy 100% original cell phones.